Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's official.

Facebook is done. Uncool. On its way out.

By which I mean to say that MY PARENTS "friended" me yesterday. And I had to "confirm," of course...can't "ignore" the parents as they try to be all cool and hip. I knew trouble might be brewing when one of my aunts friended me a while back...and then my brother apparently said something to my mother about a facebook interaction we'd had.

Mom: "What is this facebook?"

Me: Oh, it's just a silly social networking site...you wouldn't like it.

Nice try, no cigar.

Okay, so we're "friends." Now I just have to hope that nobody Michael Phelpses me and posts a picture showing me taking a hit from a bong at a party. Not that anyone could, of course...there are no pictures of me doing something that I never did in my whole life!

Now I just have to remember that my parents can see my wall. Thank god they still don't know about the blog. Fingers crossed...

9 comments:

3carnations said...

I am now officially less hip than your parents, as I continue to refuse to join Facebook. I'm okay with your parents being cooler than me, though.

I can picture your next conversation with your mom: "Have you heard of this thing called blogging?"

shelleycoughlin said...

My mom is on there, too. I feel for you because it's totally weird to read up on my mom's life on "Spacebook", as she calls it.

Anonymous said...

It will be a sign of the apocalypse if my dad ever ends up on facebook. I came THISCLOSE to being fired as his daughter when he found out about the blog.

Anonymous said...

This is so funny!

My mom just figured out how to send and receive e-mails, so I think I'm safe for a little while longer. However, I am FB friends with a bunch of H's aunts, so I might as well be FB friends with my mom, I guess.

stinkypaw said...

Too funny! My mom still has a flashing microwave after a power failure so I'm not too worried about FB and such, ah!

Stefanie said...

Aaaaggghhh! That is my nightmare, Liz. I am so worried that, now that my mom's retired, she'll be just bored enough to join Facebook. Fingers crossed that she remains in the dark about that.

Anonymous said...

My mom is like Stinkypaw's, so I'm not worried about her ending up on Facebook either. But then I'm not on Facebook, so it doesn't matter either way, I guess.

Whiskeymarie said...

I haven't had to yet, but I'm drawing the line at friending older relatives such as aunts, uncles, parents, etc...

Facebook is weird.

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh. That would be weird. Although my mom does know about my blog and has commented a few times.

In fact, that's my excuse for why I don't email her. "I have a blog, Mom. Go read it."