Friday, July 27, 2007

I knew those were sharks circling

Well, it appears that I won't be having a date this week, after all. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

I'm not going to go off on a rant against men. I know plenty of perfectly nice men. Sure, most of them are married or otherwise attached, and therefore unavailable to me as actual dates, but they're nice. So I KNOW there are nice guys out there. Why then, do I only get the assholes?

What happened? Well, nothing. After HIS request to open communication, HIS request to "Fast Track," HIS "call me sometime," HIS "let's meet in person next week," HIS "Wednesday would be good for me, call me and let's work out details," he has been completely incommunicado since Monday night. Arrrgh! He has not returned my (requested) phone call of Tuesday evening. He has not responded to a follow-up "hi, what's up?" email. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

I'm miffed. I'm not devastated or heartbroken--after all, I had no real emotional stake in this. I don't even know the guy. He doesn't know me. I'm not taking this personally. I'm not even really disappointed (low expectations bring low disappointment). I'm just...peeved. On behalf of people everywhere who do what they're going to do when they say they're going to do it, on behalf of people who have actual manners--I'm peeved. For cryin' out loud, grow a pair and return a phone call with a quick "something suddenly came up." (Thank you, Marcia Brady! Hee.) I would also accept an email blow-off, and I don't even care what it says. "I'm too busy with work right now to date." "I'm just not feeling this." "I am too intimidated by how incredible you seem to be." Just something so that I don't feel like I've been left hanging. Have some modicum of respect for others--be a MAN.

Oh, well. I guess Dr. Meil Mlark Marren forgot, when he was plunging the depths of our 29 levels of compatibility, to check for that. Thanks, Doc. You're doin' great so far!

Gah.

On the brighter side--today is Day 100!!!! Yay, me! I can't believe I've stuck it out this long, and I can't believe I'm actually sort of enjoying incorporating exercise into my daily life. I am a little worried about what's going to happen when I next decide to do a show--how will I fit it all in? But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, and enjoy the ride for now. It's strange--I feel so much better now, and yet I didn't think I really felt bad before. I wasn't having any specific health problems in relation to being overweight--my blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol were all okay, if not optimal. But I have more spring in my step now. I feel...kinda bouncy. Hee. And while I haven't checked my blood sugar or cholesterol levels, I've been checking my blood pressure at the free machine at the drugstore across the street, and it's just dropping right on down. It's great to see tangible health results, in addition to the looser clothes!

I am also pleased to report that I did the "Dance Party" video again last night, and I was MUCH better with the moves. Am I still a dork? Well, yeah...but so is everyone else on the video. They're dorky moves. We're "raising the roof." We're doing the John Travolta disco finger pointing. We're "hitchhiking" with our thumbs. It's dorky. But it's fun.

The best news of all today is that Dolly, after a mysterious absence of two days, has returned home. I don't know where she was. McBeady didn't seem to know, either. He hung around the house like a lost soul the whole time she was MIA. My theory is that they had a fight, and she needed some time alone to cool off. Either that or she caught him with some young pussy. Pussy cat! Pussy CAT! Hee. Or maybe I've got it backward. Maybe she was off spending time with that handsome orange boy who's been hanging around lately. You go, Dolly! Only, if you please, do you philandering a little closer to home--I worry about you. Thanks.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Think of me tonight when I can't get off the couch, too stuffed with celebratory cheese to move!

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

Oh dear. Some boys will do that. (I refuse to call them "men" when they act like that. They are BOYS.) I had my fair share of the vanishers as well, but it sucks that the first one out of the gate pulled that crap. Persevere, Ms. Liz. I have a good feeling about things for you. :-)

Also, great to hear you're feeling better and healthier on the new exercise and sensible eating plan. I am actually feeling like an 80-year-old today BECAUSE I exercised last night, and that just seems entirely unfair to me. Damn that cardio circuit class kicked my ass (and my thighs and calves and arms and abs and everything else in between). Whew.

stinkypaw said...

I don't care what sex they are, people who do that are pure and simple asswipes! Common courtesy is getting harder to find these days, sad but true.

Congrats on the 100th and assuming your dork dancing, if you feel better doing that, go for it!

Have a great weekend!

3carnations said...

Some people do that, dates or not. Try not to take it personally and just add it to the list of things that people with really bad manners do. It's just as well...If you invited him to a party, he wouldn't have RSVPd anyway... :)

lizgwiz said...

Stef, you are right. He's definitely not a man. And definitely not the upright church-going man he portrayed himself to be! Why, I've half a mind to call his Baptist preacher daddy and tattle on him. ;)

stinkypaw, it's amazing, isn't it? It costs so little to be polite. Sigh.

3car, oh, absolutely he'd be a non-RVSPer! And you're right, it's not just potential dates. The woman in charge of dog adoptions at the animal rescue group that's supposing to be helping with my stray dog is JUST as bad as he is! Damn her.

-R- said...

So what kind of cheese did you choose???

Anonymous said...

That's totally the problem I encountered with the online dating world- because there's no actual human face-to-face interaction right from the start, most guys feel it's entirely acceptable to act however they want and no one will get hurt because it's not "real".

That, and guys tend to suck.

M.Amanda said...

Um, so "Dance Party," huh? And it was fun? Would that be available at Borders? I'm getting bored with my regular workout. Okay, I got bored and quit about a month ago. But I feel bad about being such a lazy bum. I could totally dance around like a dork, too, as long as I get to do it in the privacy of my own living room.

And the guy? Dodged a bullet. Sounds quite flaky. Work up the nerve to pinch Cute Church Guy's butt. Or do you think he might have filled out a MeMarmony profile also.... Or maybe he's using that other one....

lizgwiz said...

-r-, see next post for somewhat disgusting answer.

npw, it's not like I've never had a guy disappear before--but it usually takes me a date or two to drive them away. ;)

spark, I wish I could ever run into CCG OUTSIDE of church. It's awfully hard to get your flirt on in the sanctuary.