Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dance Party

Well, I know you're dying to know...did I dance like a dork in my living room last night?

Yes. Yes, I did.

I'm pleased to report that I made it all the way through the video, and never once stopped or fell down. (It helps to have low expectations for yourself, doesn't it? Makes it so much easier to succeed.) Did I sweat? Like a pig. Oh, wait...pigs don't really sweat. Like...my toilet tank in the winter! Was it fun? Yeah, it kinda was. And did I look like a dork? Oh, absolutely...three ways to Sunday! I was a "salsa" dork, a "funk" dork, and, most fun of all, a "retro" dork. I wasn't too terribly bad about picking up the steps. I never had to pause and rewind. I wasn't too terribly GOOD either, of course, but since there is fortunately no videographic evidence to the contrary, I will continue to avow that I was dorky, but not hideously so.

I don't think I'll do it every night, though. I could feel a little strain on my knees that my regular workout doesn't cause, so I'll probably just feel the funk a couple of times a week. Heh.

Would it make me an uber-dork if, during the "salsa" segment, I shouted out "God wouldn't have given you maracas if he didn't want you to shaaaaaake 'emmmmm!"! Yeah, that's what I thought.

6 comments:

stinkypaw said...

LOL - you brought a smile to my face - thank you for that!

Stefanie said...

On that note... WHERE is my BEIGE. IRIDESCENT. LIPSTICK??

Hee. :-)

Noelle said...

I carried a watermelon?

Stefanie said...

Hey, this is fun!

Look, spaghetti arms! This is my dance space; this is your dance space. I don't go into yours; you don't go into mine.

lizgwiz said...

Oh, I could go on all day.

"I think she gets this from me." (I love Kelly Bishop!)

"I'm so sorry, Daddy. I'm sorry I let you down...but you let me down, too." (Sob!)

"I didn't do the lift...but it was good."

Anonymous said...

Nice Dirty Dancing shout out. :)