Monday, May 07, 2007

It's official.

Yesterday, when leaving church, I had made it almost to my car when two people came out of the front door at the same time. One was Cute Church Guy, the other was the partner of the singing lesbian, let's call her Non-Singing Lesbian. I hardly know her, having exchanged fewer words with her than I have with CCG, though not for the same reason (i.e. being paralyzed by my immense attraction); our paths just haven't crossed much. Guess which one gave me a big wave across the parking lot, and, with a smile, heartily exhorted me to "have a great day"? Yep. Apparently the verdict is in, and I'm a lesbian. Sigh. Oh well, I guess I'll have to track down one of those secret meetings wherein the "gay agenda" is voted on, and get in on plotting the destruction of the institution of marriage and the American family. (Although I personally think Britney Spears is doing a pretty good job of that on her own.) Maybe that's what they do at the Tuesday night lesbian choir rehearsals, between rousing renditions of "I want a girl just like the girl who married dear old Dad." Hee.

6 comments:

stinkypaw said...

You are too funny! For a moment I hoped that you had either talked to CCG or that he was the one waving at you... oh well!

And what you said about Spears is so true - I can't understand why straight/Church people are fighting so hard against gay marriage when people like Spears are doing a number on the true meaning of marriage!

Stefanie said...

Well, on the up side, isn't it nice that someone wants you on their team? It's always good to feel included, right?

No? I'm not helping? Aw; I'm sorry. :-)

-R- said...

Next week you need to wear a shirt that says, "I'M NOT GAY (not that there's anything wrong with that.)" I will totally make it for you!

lizgwiz said...

stinkypaw, I keep waiting for the religious right to make that same association, but they just keep harping on "the gays." Sigh.

stef, well, it does feel good to be included, that's true. Maybe I could be an "honorary lesbian." Hee.

-r-, that would be too funny! If I only had the noive. (/Cowardly Lion impersonation)

Anonymous said...

It's not so bad being a lesbian. I'm a really good lesbian!

~Jef

Paisley said...

I think you should totally go with R's offer.

:)