Friday, May 22, 2009

If a picture's worth a thousand words...

I took down the picture of New Guy from my fridge. I thought about how I would feel if a guy I was dating had a picture of his ex on HIS fridge, and the answer was...not so good. So I took it down. I needed to do it anyway, I suppose...it has been a year (exactly a year on May 28th, but who's counting?) since he left.

Just for the heck of it, I put a picture of Hot Med up in its place, to see if he notices. Hee.

And okay, okay...I guess I should take the New Guy picture off the piano, as well, right? Sigh.

I've been having weird anxious dreams this week. First, I dreamed that I went to see New Guy, but with Hot Med in tow, for some reason, and I just really wanted to talk to New Guy alone for a bit, but I couldn't explain to someone with limited English skills that I was "seeking closure," and then, before I even GOT any closure, New Guy was parading out his hot new girlfriend and it was all just horrible. Heh.

The next night I dreamed that I went to pick Hot Med up from work, as planned, but he was there with a frumpy blond girl, who he had decided was going to be his new girlfriend, instead of me, and I was really pissed off that he was dumping me after I had driven all that way to give him a ride, and he just laughed, and then I was REALLY pissed off, and then I tried to warn the frumpy blond girl that he was a dog, and she said she didn't care, and then I woke up and felt a little ooky all day. I mean, I know he flirts with all the girls at the gym, and I really don't care, since he assures me that he tells them all about his beautiful girlfriend, but what if he DOES decide to go out with one of them, and see what I mean about it being easier when they're just your plaything? Hee.

Then last night I picked him up from work, after not seeing him for a couple of days, and he literally RAN out to the car, jumped in and started kissing me, and there was no frumpy blond anywhere in sight, so I guess he didn't find anything he liked better at the gym, after all. Of course...he didn't bring me a take-out box of rice this time, so...

Maybe she'd just been there and gone already. With MY rice.

I'm kidding. I'm really not THAT crazy.

Anyway, I'm ready for a nice, long holiday weekend, at least some portion of which I will spend with Hot Med. Maybe we can finally get to work on those overgrown shrubs. And he wants to cook breakfast for me at some point. Sweet.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

6 comments:

flurrious said...

You shouldn't worry because it doesn't seem as if Hot Med would be running around on you. Not that you are worried beyond a few freaky dreams, but you know what I mean. He seems positively smitten with you. (I so rarely get to use the word "smitten," which is a shame because it's such a good word.)

Also, I can never tell when you're using, "trimming overgrown shrubs" euphemistically.

3carnations said...

Those dreams...I take them to mean that you are developing some real feelings for Hot Med, and insecurity is trying to rear its ugly head.

Based on what you've said about Hot Med, I don't think you have a thing in the world to worry about.

...and I can just about GUARANTEE he will notice his picture on your fridge. :-)

Sauntering Soul said...

There must be something in the air. I was having some feelings of insecurity about my relationship with Hot Brazilian last week but I'm fine now. Gah, I hate those feelings!

And I'm cracking up at the end of flurrious' comment because I have been thinking the exact same thing.

Stefanie said...

Awww... You LIKE him! You really like him! Good for you.

And that makes three of us with the shrub comments. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am also fond of the word smitten. My favorite line in So I Married an Axe Murderer is "I'm smitten. I'm in deep smit."

I want to trim shrubs but no one will let me play with power tools. Try to fix one chain saw when it's still on and no one trusts you anymore. And no, I am not using that euphemistically.

Worthen said...

Buy hoodia gordonii plus. Watch out for companies which harvest the Hoodia gordonii extract too early. Unique Hoodia Consumer Reviews Is It Worth Trying. This small cactus-like plant has been used for decades by native African bushmen to control their appetite and their thirst during long hunts when food was scarce. If you've stumbled on this subject write-up hoping of determining is there a finest hoodia gordonii item that you can buy at this time.