Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Blogiversary to me

Yes, LizLand is one today! Let's all have cake. And ice cream. And pointy party hats. And you know what, go ahead and smear that cake all over your face. Good clean fun!

I would love to post something pithy and witty and wise in honor of the occasion, but I just don't think that's going to happen. I started out the day cleaning up the mess that is made when you spend the night on the other side of town and therefore aren't available to your poor 86-pound puppy dog when he suffers a flare-up of his occasional diarrhea in the middle of the night and is forced to have an accident by the back door. A big accident. A big, sprawling, stinky accident. Poor Pudge. I feel like the worst mother in the world. I had to snuggle on the bed with him for a few minutes and apologize. I think he forgives me. Dogs are good that way.

So, anyway...I think I'll forget about aiming for pithy and witty and wise, and just say thank you to the fabulous people who visit and/or comment here, both regularly and occasionally. (Except maybe that perv who got here by googling "brother and sister peeing in each other's mouth." No thanks to you.) This is truly a most excellent corner of the blogosphere. Your wit and insight and product recommendations and all-around sage advice have made it a delight to be amongst you this past year. I'm proud to call you "blends."

Now let's take a vote. I'm planning to get another tattoo as a birthday present to myself. (It's a week from today. I'll be 45. Yes, I am old, and no, it doesn't bother me.) The tattoo will be small and all-black. It will be the word "harmony" rendered in Cherokee syllabary. (Which you can say to yourself like this, phonetically: Nuh wah doe hee yaw duh.)

(Please to ignore the gray background, which I can't seem to make go away.)

Bearing in mind that I already have small tattoos on the inside of my right ankle, just above my right boob and high up on my left arm--where should I put the new one? I'm leaning toward the left ankle or lower down on the left arm. I want it to be where I can see it, so no shoulder blade or "tramp stamp" placement. It needs to be somewhere that can be easily hidden if necessary when I do a play. Any suggestions/opinions?

13 comments:

3carnations said...

The back of your hip near your waist is a popular and subtle choice. :)

Happy blogiversary and upcoming birthday!

3carnations said...

Where does guy-who-has-no-blog-name think the tattoo should go? ;)

lizgwiz said...

New guy thinks it should go on the inside of the left ankle.

Stefanie said...

I had no idea you were a tattooed lady. You're just full of surprises, Liz. :-)

I was going to suggest shoulder, but it seems you've already ruled that out. What about the top of your foot? (That would probably hurt like hell to get done, but could be cool if you wear sandals a lot.)

L Sass said...

I like the forearm idea. Easy to see, easy to cover up.

Also, Happy One Year OLD!

Anonymous said...

Just above your butt cheek on your lower back (either side)....Happy Anniversary !!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

My sister has one on the top of her foot, she said it didn't hurt that much. You could always put it under your tongue, or in your hairline, or nestled way into your nether regions, but other than that, I have a feeling that everything may get seen at some point...

stinkypaw said...

Happy Blogiversary! Happy Blogiversary! Happy! Blogiversary! Happy, happy, happy haaaaaapppyy Blogiversary!!!! May you keep on going, and going, and going... for many more posts! ;-)

don't call me MA'AM said...

Yay! You're 1! Huzzah!

I'd say right above your hip bone. You can show it when you want, and hide it when you want.

Or, if you want it visible all day, how about on the inside of your wrist? About watch level?

lizgwiz said...

Thanks, all, for the suggestions...some I'd thought of, some I hadn't. I'll let you all know when the deed is done, and where.

Mary said...

Happy blogiversary, Liz!

I vote for the ankle or the inside of the wrist. Actually, I prefer the wrist idea most of all. :)

-R- said...

Happy anniversary! And good luck with the tattoo!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy happy anniversary! :)