Friday, September 04, 2009

Long weekend!

Yes, a nice long holiday weekend, and I have nothing planned. Not one thing. I think I have decided that sounds nice. Lots of laying around. Though, in the interest of full disclosure, I will admit that I will be probably be getting together at least once with Hot Med, to talk in person. Don't judge me--this whole breakup thing has happened over the phone, NOT his best medium, and I just want to talk to him face-to-face at least once before I write him off forever. Especially now that he's back to being pleasant and answering phone calls.

In other news, for those of you not following the ins and outs of my life via facebook, I did get cast in the play. Whoo hoo! It's "The Exonerated," if anyone is interested. It's based on the true-life accounts of several people who were falsely convicted, sent to death row, and then later exonerated. My character is a woman who spent 16 years behind bars for a crime she didn't commit. Should be interesting.

You know what I think? I think EVERY president should give a back-to-school motivational speech to America's children. Why the heck not? Whether they (or their parents) agree or disagree politically with the person in office, why not make children feel involved? "Indoctrination," my ass.

Okay, I'm going to go back now to watching the clock and waiting for the "all clear" signal so we can get out of here early and get on with our weekends.

Have a good one!

7 comments:

nancypearlwannabe said...

A long weekend of doing nothing sounds divine. Congrats on your play!

stinkypaw said...

Enjoy your weekend, and your "chat" with HM (not judging, honest! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yay about the play! That sounds really interesting and I wish I could go see it.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Also, I do wish I would have tried one of the faux meats, just to see what it was like. I have had a veggie burger before and enjoyed it but I am not sure how I feel about "bacon"! Maybe next year.

flurrious said...

I've done nothing all weekend too but later today I'm going to a Labor Day Picnic, which has been moved indoors due to rain. So, basically I'm going to stand around eating hot dogs in someone else's kitchen.

Tony B. Loney said...

I expect to speak to you and hear all the juicy details (not ALL, mind you, that's just an expression) re: The Rules of Dating Probation for Hot Med.

3carnations said...

Congrats on getting casted!

Interested to hear the meeting details w/Hot Med. Any chances it was all one big error in translation? :-)

Sauntering Soul said...

I'm also anxious to hear how the conversation with Hot Med went.

Congrats on the play!