Monday, June 29, 2009

I don't see why I shouldn't be kissing this, do you?



My parents took this picture of Pudge at their house this weekend. I swear to you that no Photoshopping was done to achieve this creepy, demonic look. His eyes just do that! (In pictures, I mean. Not in real life. Though that would be super-cool.)

And how was the weekend otherwise? Lovely. There's just something great about friendships that enable you to fall right back into step, after years of separation, as if you'd just reentered the room to resume a conversation started mere moments before. We didn't do anything spectacular...just talked and laughed and ate and drank and snuggled with the resident dogs and ran to the store and complained about the heat and then started in all over again. Like I said, lovely. They're mostly later sleepers than I am, so I managed to get in a little time with my parents, as well, while waiting for my friends to wake up after our late night at the bar.
I think we've all held up really well, after all these years...everyone looked great. And, believe me, nothing makes you feel better, as an all-too-soon-to-be-47-year-old, than hearing "my god, you haven't aged a day," or "you're even more beautiful in your 40s than you were in your 20s." Heh.
Of course, I'm a little depressed now that I don't get to see these people every day, but maybe it won't be another 20 years before we're all together again in the same room. I had several primary groups of close friends in college, sort of serially (first the instrumental music people, then the vocal music people, then the theatre people) (though I never actually dropped any of the groups, just changed my focus a bit), but these are the people I was close to when I really...became myself, if that makes any sense. It was great to spend some time with them again, limited as it was. And until the next time--there's always Bacefook!
So, did I even THINK about Hot Med while I was gone? You know, I did, a bit. Not constantly, mind you, but I did kind of miss him. That's probably a good sign. Heh.

5 comments:

stinkypaw said...

What a gorgeous looking doggie! Love his eyes, cool how green they are! Also very cool that you were able to spend some good times with old friends, that's always a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Pudge is cute for a demon dog!

I'm glad you had a great time, sounds like a lot of fun!

Speaking of Hot Med, I am watching Demolition Man right now - it was On Demand which I thought was funny considering I recommended it to you on your last post!

3carnations said...

Glad you had a great weekend. :-)

flurrious said...

For a devil dog, Pudge looks pretty cheerful!

Stefanie said...

I love those kind of friends. I connected with one of mine on Facebook a while back, too. Really must plan a visit with her soon.