Thursday, December 04, 2008

This five-day week is crawling.

Shouldn't it be time for a weekend already? Sigh.

Sorry to end the last post on a downer note, but...sometimes it just is what it is. I mean, I loves me a four-day weekend, and it's always good to be pleasantly busy while not feeling overloaded, and some alone time is a good and necessary thing, but...sometimes I want to go out to eat or crash on the couch WITH somebody. A special somebody, you know? In some ways it's particularly hard to be single during the holidays, especially when you've reached the age where the vast majority of your friends are encoupled, or have children, or both. You can't just call someone up to do something on the spur of the moment when their lives are necessarily complicated by the schedules of others. So...it is what it is. I'm used to it, but sometimes it makes me a little sad, and last weekend was one of those times. Moving on...

No news to report on the dating front. The Male Me has me completely confused. We still haven't met, and I'm not sure why. When we do talk, said conversations generally instigated by me, we have very lively discussions, he tells me how great he thinks I am, says he wants to get together/talk again soon....and then I don't hear from him for a few days. I know he's dealing with an ailing mother and a new job, but I can't help but think that if he REALLY wanted to meet, it would have happened by now. So, for now at least, I think I need to cross him off the list of possibilities.

I still have sporadic contact with Obama Guy, but I just don't get the feeling there's any romantic possibility there. He did offer to make me dinner at his house some night soon, but...I think we'll just be political buddies. And even if I was feeling overwhelming romantic chemistry, his work/school schedule is a bit insane. I'm not sure when we'd ever see each other. Plus he wants to move to another part of the country when he finishes school in a few months, and I'll be damned if I'll get emotionally attached again to a guy who's not sticking around.

Of course, I could wink back at the ultra-conservative guy with bad grammar and spelling who used to enjoy spending time with "friends and family but lost them and i am left all alone. No drama here and not looking for it." What does that mean, exactly? He lost ALL of his friends and family? Dude, what did you DO? I think that's a "no, thanks" for me.

We had our first rehearsal for the play last night, and I think it's going to be great fun. Unfortunately (for me, at least), we're not really getting into rehearsals until after the holidays, but it's something to look forward to. Which I am.

My workplace, like my home, is being taken over by stray cats. Turns out if you cut a couple of kitty doors for your official work cat, word gets out and soon you have plenty of unofficial cats roaming your warehouse, as well. Most of them are just neighborhood opportunists, I think, looking for a free meal. One big orange fellow is pretty much a fixture--he's definitely wild, and possibly a littermate of the kitty formerly known as Lil' Mama, who now has a work-related name that I won't reveal here. And two days ago a stray showed up who is breaking my heart. He is the SWEETEST THING EVER, a big brown tabby with comically large feet, and I MUST FIND HIM A REAL HOME. THAT ISN'T MINE. Anyone interested? I'll tie a big bow around his neck and everything. Heh.

10 comments:

3carnations said...

"lost all his friends and family". That already sounds like drama. Maybe he lost them in a divorce. When the ex and I split up, somehow I ended up with his friend from high school and the friend's spouse. Aren't friends you had before a relationship supposed to automatically be yours if the relationship ends? Whatever.

3carnations said...

Oh, and YES the week is crawling. I said to hubby last night that this has been a really long week. He asked what was long about it. I'm glad you understand! :)

Noelle said...

No more cats for me, thanks! And those profiles that just hint at a bigger story without telling, they drive me bonkers.

Stefanie said...

Comically large feet? Please do not post a photo, because I suspect it might just be cute enough to command you to ship that little stray to Minneapolis to me.

"Lost all his friends and family"? Um, yeah. I'd take a "PASS!" on that one, too. Sheesh!

shelleycoughlin said...

How does one lose all of one's friends and family and NOT have any drama? This guy sounds confused and a little scary.

Sauntering Soul said...

I'm with Stefanie....DO NOT post a photo of the adorable kitty. One of my friends just adopted a three week old stray and the cuteness is about to kill me. Bailey will not allow another cat in our house so please don't tempt me. :-)

lizgwiz said...

Gee, I'd like to reply to comments, but I'm busy going to get my camera so I can post a picture of "Paws." Hee.

Tony B. Loney said...

I think he lost all his family and friends in a baking accident.

Anonymous said...

He lost all his friends and family? Oh, well, I'm sure it's nothing he did then.

If I worked at a place that had both official and unofficial cats, I would never ever leave.

Jenn Martinson said...

Don't worry about ending on a downer. This blog is yours. To get stuff off your chest and out of your mind so you don't dwell on 'em too long. Plus, if you were totally happy all the time, I'd have to hate you.