How I spent my long weekend:
- Drove to my sister's house for Thanksgiving lunch with the family. Ate too much, as per usual. Resisted taking home pie, as per usual. Had a raging craving for pie several hours later, as per usual. Pleasant, uneventful.
- Organized my bookshelves on Friday. Was in pain for two days afterwards. So many books. So much lifting and carrying. So much bending over and crouching. So much dusting and alphabetizing and...if you can believe it, actually setting aside a large number of books to be given to charity. I haven't willingly let go of a book since...well, ever. But I was completely out of shelf space, so out went most of the science fiction books from a college phase, and the "historical romance" books from junior high. All the Anne Rice--gone. (Kept the Stephen King, though.) Oh, don't worry...I still have PLENTY left to read. Heh.
- Crashed on the couch for what was left of Friday.
- Cleaned the house on Saturday morning, treated myself to an Indian lunch buffet (where one of the sharply-dressed phalanx of waiters had the great decency to at least pretend to flirt with me), and then braved a trip to Big Box Mart for $100 of essential...crap. I guess everyone else bought their crap during the potentially lethal (seriously, what is with people?) doorbuster hours, 'cause the place was the least crowded it's ever been on a Saturday afternoon. (What qualifies as "essential crap," you're asking? Cat litter, cat food, cat treats, shower curtain liner, water pitcher purification filter, motor oil, duct tape, 9v battery, cheap clunky black shoes...you know, "crap.")
- Crashed on the couch for what was left of Saturday.
- Watched both "A Diva's Christmas Carol" and "Ebbie"--thank you, Lifetime Television for Women and Gay Men! Those are my favorites!
- Made two trips per day to the office to feed/check on work cat, who repaid me by attempting to skewer my leg with her claws to keep me from leaving. Poor baby. (For the record, she has been inside ALL DAY today, basking in the glow of human companionship. Either that or a soft comfy chair.)
- Sang at church Sunday morning. Made Cute Church Guy's mother cry. (In a good way.)
- Crashed on the couch for what was left of Sunday.
- Ate leftovers.
- Was lonely.
That's all I've got, folks.