Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Careful. It's fra-gee-lay.


Who cares if I don't have cable? Okay, I do, but I do at least have the great joy of having been awarded A Major Award from the delightful Sauntering Soul. Thanks, SS! Back at you. And if you haven't checked out her blog, you should, and drool over the pictures of her lovely porches and deck. And give her some love for having survived TWO rear-endings this month. And for being willing to share actual photographic evidence of her "awkward" years with the blogosphere.

Okay, in the spirit of Christmas, I'll pass this award along to a few others, as well. Narrowing down is hard--I love everyone in my sidebar! But I'll bite the bullet and single out a few leg lamp recipients.

Stefanie is smart and funny and all-around fabulous and sends music and trophies and sometimes reminds me of my younger self. (You know, if I had somehow managed to NOT surround myself with more animals than any sane person should.) One of my new goals in life is to someday sip cocktails with her at a tiki bar! It should be your goal, as well.

Stinkypaw, my friend from the north, sent me maple syrup and assorted Canadian trickets, and amuses me regularly via I.M. (And she checks in on me when I go a little too long between blog posts. Thanks, Stinky!) Plus she always posts a Friday Smile!

3carnations is raising a wonderful child, and letting us all be privy to those "darndest things" kids say, through her stories. I don't know who she "really" is, or where she lives, since her husband thinks we all might be psycho liars/stalkers here in the blogosphere, (which in and of itself makes me laugh, imagining that anyone would invent MY particular blog persona for themselves--I mean, hey...I talk about cat poop) and for all I know he may be right, and I admire her prudence, and thank her for sharing what she can. (Unless...maybe SHE'S the liar, and "she" is really typing those lovely posts from a maximum-security men's prison or something--hee!)

-R- will definitely be invited to the tiki bar to sip wine from a juicebox, and maybe she can bring her husband H to give me advice, since he's the self-proclaimed "next best thing to Ann Landers." She regularly makes me laugh, and she's willing to post pictures of herself with finger guns. She organized the fabulous "Blogger Exchange." Need I say more?

Noelle is dealing with orthopedic surgeons and still managing to keep me entertained with her posts. Kudos! I love hearing of life on the Christmas tree farm, and the landlesbian (and water lesbian--hee!). Is it insensitive of me to give a leg lamp to a person with a broken leg? Well, maybe...but I feel sure she'll see the humor in it. ("It's A Major Award!")

LSass runs more miles in a week than I've run in my life, I think. She's smart and funny (and "craftier" than she thinks!) and just got accepted into grad school. Go congratulate her! And if you didn't take part in her shared brainchild "Secret Blogger Santa," you should be kicking yourself, and making plans to do so next year, should the tradition continue.


Okay, I'm stopping there, though I could go on and on listing wonderful bloggers, 'cause it's lunchtime, and a girl's gotta eat, right?

And maybe THIS will be the time that I walk through the door at home and have cable again! Fingers crossed. I'd LOVE to stop whining, and if I don't have cable again in time for the "24 Hours of a Christmas Story" marathon...well, it ain't gonna be pretty.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks! I'm honored, and I do appreciate the humor...

Stefanie said...

Aw, thanks! My goal is to someday eat sushi off a tiny train with you.

And I love your theory about 3Cs... She's on to you, 3Cs; we know your real story now! :-)

Also, I titled a post "Fra-gee-lay" once (because yes, I was writing about the leg lamp), and I routinely get search engine hits for that word. I assure you, now you will, too!

L Sass said...

Yay, thanks!! Will my actual "leg lamp" follow by mail. I think it will look AWESOME with my new bedspread.

3carnations said...

Aw, thank you! My first blog award (blaward?). I'm honored!

I snorted out loud in my cell (er, at my desk, I mean) when I read your theory about me. The idea that I am a convict who invented stories about a neighbor shoveling snow onto my lawn and my angst at people who don't RSVP is just as amusing as you inventing all your pet stories.

Thank you, thank you, you made my day. :)

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I hope you get your cable back...and I agree, staying home on the holidays is just not to pretty at all.

-R- said...

Thanks!

Sauntering Soul said...

Sounds like you've passed along the award to a lot of deserving people. I've been reading 3c's but now I need to go check out some of these other blogs.

And I think your theory about 3c's is hysterical!

stinkypaw said...

Thank you for awarding me my very first award! I'm touched!

That lamp award is so perfectly fit for the Season - I just watched "A Christmas Story" for the first time, last week, and that lamp was in it!

Thanks again & keep on spreading the luuuvv! ;-)