1. How many keys are on your keychain? 5
2. What curse word do you use the most? Undoubtedly some form of fuck. I change it to frickin' or friggin' if someone is around who might be offended by the "real" thing.
3. Do you own an iPod? No.
4. What time is your alarm clock set for? 6:05. I have to hit the snooze buttom a few times before my feet hit the floor, though.
5. How many suitcases do you own? 1 big one, a couple of small, a garment bag
6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside? I don't wear flip-flops even when it's warm outside.
7. Where do you buy your groceries from? Depends. If I'm in a hurry I'll stop at one of the two grocery stores on my way home--Whitetrash, I mean, Warehouse Market or Las Americas #2 Super Mercado. They have a fascinating produce section--lots of cactus and chiles. When I have time I like to go to Wild Oats.
8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? I hate my picture being taken.
9. What was the last movie you watched? I can't remember. Something on cable.
10. Do any of your friends have children? Many of my friends have children.
11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy? A house, probably. Then a newer car. Invest the rest!
12. Has anyone ever called you lazy? Probably. Not too often, though, I wouldn't think.
13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? I don't need any help in that department. Is there a medication to help you wake up faster? Oh yeah, crystal meth.
14. What CD is currently in your CD player? In the car, "Seven is the Number" by Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer. In the house, another Dave and Tracy, and one by Carrie Newcomer. Can't remember which one.
15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? Regular, skim.
16. Has anyone told you a secret this week? Nope.
17. When was the last time someone hit on you? I can't remember. Which means it's been a while. Oh great, now I'm depressed.
18. What did you have for dinner? Last night I had some cheese fries. I know--healthy!
19. Do you wear hoodies often? I don't own a hoodie. How uncool am I?
20. Can you whistle? Yes, not only through my lips, but through my tongue. Has to be seen to be believed!
21. Have you ever participated in a protest? I was part of the Lysistrata Project just before the start of the Iraqi war.
22. Who was the last person to call you? My mother.
23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park? Roller coasters, the bigger and badder the better.
24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? Let me turn around and check. Well, not at the moment, apparently.
25. What area code are you in right now? 918
26. Did you watch cartoons as a child? Who DIDN'T? What kind of freaky kid do you think I was?
27. How big is your local mall? Do you want the square footage? Why would I know that? And further, why would you care?
28. How many siblings do you have? 2, 1 bro 1 sis
29. Are you shy around the opposite sex? Sometimes I'm shy, period.
30. What is your biggest regret? Probably that I didn't try harder to make a relationship work with the nicest guy I was ever involved with. I was young and stupid, and had no idea how few truly decent men I would meet in later years.
31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt? The cousin of a friend of mine was mimicking some downtrodden workers coming out of a downtown office building, and for some reason it was the funniest thing either of us had ever seen. Of course, my friend's mother had just died and we may have simply needed the release. Or maybe it was just funny as hell.
32. What movie do you know every line to? When Harry Met Sally, While You Were Sleeping, soon perhaps the 40-year-old Virgin
33. Do you own any band t–shirts? I don't think any of them survived the "I'm moving" purge.
34. When was your last plane ride? A few years ago, returning home from seeing Lillith Fair in Kansas City. I need to get out of town again soon.
35. How many chairs are at your dining room table? None. I never eat at the table.
36. Do you read for fun? Of course.
37. Can you speak any languages other than English? No. I wish I could. I wish I could speak Spanish, because I just know the cashiers at Las Americas #2 Super Mercado are talking about me.
38. Do you do your own dishes? If I don't, who will?
39. What color is your bedroom painted? The same color as the rest of the house. Rental taupish.
40. Have you ever cried in public? Yes. Not fun.
41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? A desktop, currently in need of repair.
43. Are you always trying to learn new things? Not always actively trying, but I'm always receptive to new knowledge.
44. Do you shower on a daily basis? Sometimes I skip a day, because my skin gets so dry.
45. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? I'd like another tattoo. I just can't decide exactly what I want.
46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date? I always offer to help pay, but I secretly like it when the guy refuses to let me.
47. Can you skip rocks? You betcha.
48. Have you ever been to Jamaica? No. What a weird question.
49. What to snack on at the movie theaters? I rarely go to the movie theater, but when I do, there must be overpriced, unhealthy buttered popcorn.
50. Who was your favorite teacher? I don't know that there was just one--Mrs. Foster, Mrs. Allred, Mr. Ford, Mrs. Franklin all were fun. And I learned a lot from them, too.
51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race? I don't think there's a race I haven't dated.
52. What is the weather like? Beautiful. Blue sky, not too hot.
53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? I would. I have a hard time thinking that someone covered in ink would want to date me, though.
54. Do you have an online journal? I'm trying.
55. What was your favorite class in high school? Chemistry II.
56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes? I don't enjoy the actual travel, but I love how fast it gets you somewhere.
57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender? Kindness. Sense of humor. Intelligence. Honesty.
58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive? I have been attracted to guys who were not the "standard" of attractiveness, sure.
59. When was the last time you slept on the floor? Can't remember. Probably because it was years ago and I was drunk, I would think.
60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? Good beer. Imported or microbrew. No Bud, Busch, Miller, Coors, etc.
61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru? I don't even know where my closest Starbucks is. I drink iced tea I make myself at home.
62. Do you like your living arrangement? More or less.
63. What is your mother’s hometown? Pryor, OK
64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? Close to 9. Which is bad, since I rarely get more than 7.
65. Do you eat breakfast daily? Yes. I rarely eat "breakfast food" though. It's a good time to get rid of leftovers for me.
66. What was the last thing to scare you? I don't know--bird flu?
67. Are your days full and fast–paced? Sometimes. Sometimes I sit around and read blogs.
68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class? I was a very quiet child, but there were a couple of times I did. Once a teacher moved me beside a kid who wouldn't stop talking to his seatmate, thinking I was so quiet it would solve the problem. He was quite gregarious though, and we ended up talking, too. She laughed and gave up.
69. What is your favorite fruit? I like lots of fruit, none really more than the others. Now, if the question was WHO is my favorite fruit--that's my best friend, Tony. Hee.
70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? Sometimes. Not as often as I should.
71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 44
72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Oh, yes. It's a dealbreaker.
73. Do you believe in life on other planets? Not on any of the planets in our solar system, but somewhere out there? Yeah.
74. Have you ever been to Six Flags? I have been to several Six Flags.
75. Who was the last person to piss you off? A good safe answer is George W. Bush.
76. Do you believe that God has a gender? Nope.
77. What was the last thing you ate? Ranch flavor Corn Nuts.
78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? I get along with most people, regardless of gender.
79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween? I don't know what my first Halloween costume was, but I have an adorable picture of me dressed as a princess of some sort. (Still waiting for that prince!)
80. How did your parents pick your name? A combination of family names.
81. Do you like mustard? No. I LOVE it.
82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard? That things will get better. I don't always believe it, though.
83. Would you ever sky dive? Perhaps.
84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? I alternate sides, slightly curled.
85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself? I don't know--Yoda? Hee.
86. Have you ever bid for something on ebay? Yes. There are few things so joyous as purchasing a $.99 pair of earrings.
87. Do you enjoy giving hugs? Sure. And getting.
88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable? I'm not UNfashionable.
89. Do you own a digital camera? Yes.
90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel? Flattered. Maybe a little awkward, but still flattered.
91. What celebrities have you been compared to? A young Angela Lansbury. Christine Ebersole. Bea Arthur in a theatre review once.
92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character? Han Solo. So dreamy. Sigh.
93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do? Yes. It doesn't surprise me, but it still annoys me.
94. What books, if any, have made you cry? Too many to mention.
95. Do you think you’re attractive? Mostly. Sometimes.
96. What are you allergic to? Ragweed. Ann Coulter.
97. Are you a jealous person? Not particularly.
98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment? Been there, done that, often enjoyed it, but don't really need to do it at this point in my life.
99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat? I'm a vegetarian, so no!
100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been? Some combination of family names. Probably Charles or Sherman or Ted.